The Market Photo Workshop, with the support of the Department of Arts and Culture, has developed an opportunity for practicing photographers to refine and expand their practice. The Photography Incubator Programme, a one-year programme, will use practical training combined with technical and theoretical knowledge transfer as the methodology to enhance/elevate photographers’ professional practice. The Programme will begin in May 2016 and end in March 2017.
The Photography Incubator Programme provides practical experience and exposure to fully understand all aspects of the photography industry. This includes gallery business, curatorial practice, image editing, photography training development, participatory photography projects design and management and it also explores photography as an artistic, commercial, and media practice. The roll out of the programme is made up of mandatory Master-classes and mentorships, it is scheduled in such way that it allows for participants to still continue with own day to day practice with minimal interruption.
Outcomes of the Photography Incubator Programme may include but not limited to:
- Fully developed projects that may take the form of exhibitions, participatory projects, talks, workshops, open studios, photo walks, publications, screenings and online projects
- Projects engaging with the public and communities through photography
- Fully developed portfolios with business plans and or project proposals
The Programme is for South African photographers with at least 2 years of practical experience.
- Applicants must submit a detailed Project Proposal with a well organised portfolio for a project they are interested in pursuing during the Incubator Photography Programme using the Proposal Requirements stipulated below
- 10 practicing photographers will be selected through an open call process
- A panel of judges appointed by the Market Photo Workshop will participate in the selection process
- Shortlisted candidates must be available for an interview soon thereafter.
Biography of individual applying
- Project description including objectives (max 1 page)
List proposed project Goals/Objectives
List each of your proposed project strengths, weaknesses, opportunities or threats in the description
- Project schedule with milestones and implementation
- A comprehensive CV
- An existing portfolio of 12-20 photographs (Jpeg files, folder not more that 5MB).
Applications close on: Tuesday 3 May 2016
All applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
za and copied tobiancam@marketphotoworkshop. co.za